What is Heuristic virus, how to find and remove it from your computer-Heuristic virus is not a definite or a confirmed virus. As the word heuristic means experience-based techniques for problem solving, learning, and discovery that give a solution which is not guaranteed to be optimal. Where the exhaustive search is impractical. It is a malware spyware or a Trojan. It has not been defined in your defender, antivirus software or internet security software. That’s why these software while scanning your computer, find a file behaving in a strange, unusual or malicious manner, they categorize it as heuristic. Such files are treated as harmful and treated by your antivirus as per your antivirus software setting, i.e. your antivirus will quarantine, delete or more.
A heuristic virus is a piece of spyware, malware or a trojan file that has not been deployed to the Internet. Anti-virus tools like Windows Defender -- which is built into the operating system -- can scan your computer for any file that is behaving in a strange or malicious manner and class it as "heuristic." Once the file is classed in this way, the Windows Defender tools deletes it from your system, making your system safe and clean.
Norton Antivirus uses a heuristic algorithm to detect potential unknown viruses, spyware and malware before the viruses are officially tested and in the database. This helps to keep a computer safe if Norton detects any suspicious activity but cannot find an exact virus match. This technology is known as Bloodhound Heuristic Virus Detection. If you wish to disable this service, you can easily do so
Windows defender and norton internet security both are capable of dealing with the heuristic virus-
1. Log to your computer as administrator with fill rights.
2. Click Start>Control Panel> Windows defender and open it.
3. Select full scan from the drop down box. Now your full system will be scanned. It may take an hour or alike depending upon the speed of your computer.
4. Whenever prompted click remove.
5. Perhaps it will be removed.
1. Click to open Norton antivirus/internet security
2. Check the update status and if it is updated click “Scan now”
3. Click “Full System Scan”
4. It will automatically remove it and show it in history.
5. In the end it will ask you “If you think there are still risks click here”.
6. Click on the click here words and follow the instruction,
7. When prompted down load the “Norton power eraser”.
8. Restart when prompted and Accept all conditions
9. Allow them to take any doubtful file to their main server for deep scanning if they need.
After scan is completed a message given below will be displayed in the bottom –
“do you think there are still risks click here”
Click on the click here words and follow the instruction, down load required software, accept all conditions including route kit scan and allow them to take the file to their main server if they need.
Thanks for visiting this page.